"My people are destroyed....

Man fears what he has no knowledge of. Once he understands it, the fear is gone. the mystery is taken away once knowledge arrives. It's the same thing with the matters of faith when we don't understand how to apply your faith in a given situation, we become skeptical, judgmental, afraid, and unbelieving. But once we understand how it works, the confusion is removed, the mystery is taken away. Amen,

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

There's No One In The Room That Looks Like Me....

As I sit here being present in this moment and my current life. The path taken seems questionable, yes there have been some great moments of God's intervention in my life. But I feel somehow that I've missed something, or the enemy is trying to make it seem like I passed the blessing that was supposed to be shared in my life to reach others. As a writer, the most important impact I would like to have on my readers is to never stop being the best version of who you are. If you stumble, get up, look in the mirror and say I am loved, I am deserving of all God has for me, and I will express that in my total being today before I set foot out that door.

I had to take responsibility of why I wasn't receiving the type of help I thought I needed from mentors in my field. Then had to realize that they didn't have it to give or some didn't want to see me make it to becoming who God called me to be. I had to shut some people out of my life that I thought were truly suppose to be apart of it. Learning how to love my family where they were at and not hold onto the hurt and pain I felt because my family didn't have that love to give back. I like what Meghan Markle said when she was young about her freckles. "They are a part of her and why would I want to hide who I am" The truth is? that as I evolved as a woman I had to be comfortable with being in my skin, not  because of my race, but because of the abuse I sustained as a child. In one way or another, a woman has been abused by someone she thought she could trust. As I sit here during finals trying to complete some studying. I was prompted in my spirit to reach out to a young woman that has been on my spirit for a while. That being said, it is important that we as individuals reach out to those in our sphere to make deposits. I was about to walk away from the Law School I've always wanted to go to because of fear, and the misconception that I didn't fit in. "There's No One In The Room That Looks Like Me... (The devil is a liar).

Lisa Nichol's said it best! "I had to be my own rescue", and put my shego and pride to the side in order to invest in myself.

Remember, as Lysa Terkeurst's friend said from PB31 Ministries, Live Your Life Loved!

Sincerely,
Carol,

No comments:

Post a Comment